Katie, a BA (Hons) Business and Marketing student at UCLan has kindly shared a few words about why she chose to study with us!
Where do I start? I chose the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) for several reasons:
- UCLan is close to my hometown and has great transport links, making it easier for me to commute home. I however, live in Whitendale Halls (next to the School of Business hub) on campus.
- The campus is in great walking distance to the city centre (10 mins) where there is plenty of shops and food outlets.
- The course I am studying has given me so many opportunities to broaden my horizon within the University. For example, I’m currently co-hosting the radio show ‘Business Buzz’ with another student; Richard Crake.
- Our class decided to start a Business and Marketing society, of which I am a vice secretary for this academic year, and we continue to grow and learn new things every day.
- Last but not least! The staff within the School of Business are astonishing. They help you in any way they can day or night, my tutor: Peter Ashfield is absolutely fantastic because he is one of the several members of staff who continually motivate and support me in my studies.
I recommend anyone who wants to study business, to come UCLan as I’m sure you won’t regret it!